There is a meme circulating on Facebook that seems to be based on the conspiracy theory that Abraham Lincoln and John F. Kennedy were assassinated by the Rothschilds because they wanted to “end the federal reserve banking system.” Let’s pick this meme apart to see how historically accurate it is.
1. There was no federal reserve system when Lincoln was president. The Federal Reserve System was not established until 1913.
2. Prior to the Federal Reserve System, there had been a national bank*, and Andrew Jackson had made its end one of his key second-term goals.
3. Two assassins attempted to kill Jackson, but no evidence suggests that they were sent by the Bank.**
4. Some people have emphasized the eerie similarities between Lincoln and Kennedy, which are easily explainable.
* There were two national banks, in fact: The 1st Bank of the U.S., which was chartered from 1791-1811 and the 2nd Bank of the U.S., chartered from 1816-1836.
** There is that pesky Booth letter, though.